Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues. Serve as a liaison between internal customers and functional IT departments during the initial phases of development efforts for various business initiatives. Apply structured methodology in the creation of requirements from the business perspective, translated in to easily understood formats that are acted upon by the various technical design and development teams in IT. Following BA principles and accepted methodologies, define the system and functional requirements of technical projects. Define specifications and data models for development efforts and testing. Create detailed test cases and analyze results. May assess available technologies and recommend solutions to technical teams.
- Apply working knowledge of systems and Business Analysis to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve technical issues for small to medium sized custom development projects OR configuration of systems to resolve business issues. Actively participate and interact with customers to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and architect the processes to meet the needs. Assist senior level Business Analyst in requirements gathering and research support for larger, more complex projects.
- Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies.
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. May formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements. Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology. Analyze methodologies for process improvements, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.