**Requisition ID:** 25615BR
**Job Title:** Business Analyst
**Division:** 2023: Information Technology
**Location:** 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing the needs of the various functional business areas within Republic Services and recommends system solutions or procedures. As a liaison between the business and IT department, the Business Analyst ensures that the scope of work requested to enhance or modify existing application processes are clearly documented, communicated and validated. The Business Analyst works closely with the IT technical team and/or outside vendors to design, develop, document and test solutions that meets the business requirements.
• Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact between IT and the assigned functional business area for routine software development and enhancement projects.
• Coordinates the process of obtaining functional requirements from applicable business stakeholders and subject matter experts utilizing elicitation techniques.
• Performs research and analysis for proposed projects in order to determine feasibility and present findings to management.
• Facilitates the development of software solutions and is responsible for the knowledge transfer of software program requirements to the IT Customer Support team throughout the life cycle of a change request or development project.
• Creates detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting requirements that may include but is not limited to: Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
• Performs profiling and analysis of data from source systems.
• Supports quality assurance and control efforts through the use of data analysis as part of pre- and post-implementation reviews for software development projects.
• Provides support to functional and user acceptance testing groups as part of project implementation.
• Assists others with creation of the value proposition (ROI) for proposed projects.
• Maintains a system enhancement request database and coordinates the related application enhancement release schedule.
• Works jointly with other IT Managers to create detailed project work plans for software development and enhancement projects.
• Coordinates status meetings and produces progress reports.
• Maintains and builds working relationships with software application vendors.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) for data analysis.
• Business Analysis or Project Management Professional certification.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, IT or related field or minimum of 5 years of experience in a business or technical analysis role.
• Minimum of 1 year of work experience with business systems related to system support, analysis or development.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with business analysis.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Effective communication skills including the ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
• Ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and skillfully pose questions to draw out pertinent information.
• Ability to access and effectively navigate project systems and technologies.
• Effectively influences without authority and leads change by building trust and credibility.
• Ability to institute change leadership across levels and manage through influence.
• Process and results oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Experience working with web architecture, integration to host systems and related components.
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Competent to work on most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Understanding of system modeling using standards such as Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Strong analytical skills and creative thinking abilities.
• Ability to project plan, monitor and implement projects using timely and cost effective methods.
• Ability to deal with rapid change.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.