The Business Analyst role will be part of the Global Sales Analytics team and will drive sales visibility into Orcle's cloud business. Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform a wide range of business analysis of Global CRM, front office, and back office data.
- Ad-hoc reporting & presentations for Executive Sales Management.
- Advanced level data mining from various sources through various tools.
- Provides/publishes regular updates on analysis recommendations, often including key metrics.
- Can help simplify and manage "Report Consumer" to "Reporting Solution" landscape across global organization.
- Documentation of standards in definitions & metric calculations used in reporting.
- Manage organizational relationships and partner across functions to drive reporting solutions in many areas of the business.
- Drive new analysis to enhance business/sales insights.
- Ability to understand complex organizational and product hierarchies.
- Candidate should have a college degree and recent enterprise software company experience, preferably in business operations and/or finance.
- Candidate should be familiar with cloud specific sales business models and processes (subscriptions, renewal rates, expansions, churn, csat).
- Experience with SQL and BI applications (Oracle OBIEE or similar).
- Strong MS Office applications experience (particularly Excel).
- Outstanding analytical and written and oral communication skills.
- Good presentation skills and the ability and personality to effectively interact with cross-functional teams.
- Detail oriented and comfortable in a role as an individual contributor and be able to multi-task effectively.
- The job is fast-paced, and candidate should be a self-starter who can work well independently and as a team member.
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Attention to detail critical. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. Relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired. 2 plus years relevant work experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.