IDC Business Analyst 3
Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues. Serve as a liaison between internal customers, functional IT and offshore application delivery during the initial and implementation phases of the application development cycle for various business initiatives. Apply structured methodology in the creation of requirements from the business perspective, translated in to easily understood formats that are acted upon by the various global technical design and development teams in IT. Following BA principles and accepted methodologies, define the system and functional requirements of technical projects. Define specifications and data models for development efforts and testing. Create detailed test cases and analyze results. May assess available technologies and recommend solutions to technical teams. Participate in product, component evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- Apply in-depth professional experience and broad knowledge of both business and technology to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve moderate to complex technical or business issues. Actively participate and interact with customers to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and architect the processes to meet the needs.
- Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies. Make recommendations regarding the standardization of IT requirements methodology to reduce cost, improve productivity, improve quality, predictability and timeliness, reduce risk, improve cross-group coordination, improve skills and improve customer and associate satisfaction.
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Articulate to the clients the implications of implementing new technologies in the current business and technology framework. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. Formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
- Partner with Product Managers, business architects and other planners to assess current capabilities, project/product road maps to understand vision & high-level requirements for future releases.
- Translate requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements. Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge. Seek out innovations in process improvement, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Provide input to peers, offshore project managers/leads and customers for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements.
- Convey the understanding of business, vision and application requirements to project participants. Work closely with offshore project managers/leads, convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to IT stake holders and customers.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Experience in onsite/offshore coordination and Global delivery model is mandatory
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others. .
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.