Business Analyst 340B Decision Support (Job Number: 023998)
Corporate Office - 1415 LAKE COOK RD
1415 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for independently performing a variety of data analytics by leveraging data captured from various internal sources. Utilizes industry standard analytical approaches and technology to transform data into actionable business insights. Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to all aspects of the 340B program. Collaborates closely with business partners to provide business decision support and analytics to appropriate levels. Job Responsibilities
- Conducts data analysis to determine root causes and the feasibility of solution options. Prepares charts, tables, and other exhibits for use in presentations.
- Performs client specific program analysis and makes recommendations to improve program performance.
- Analyzes corresponding data to effectively recommend system and operational procedure changes and enhancements.
- Recommends resolution to multifaceted business problems within the organization.
- Identifies opportunities for optimization of existing business processes and program expansion as a result of analyses performed. Presents and supports findings and recommendations to various levels within the organization.
- Develops and fosters working relationships with internal business colleagues and counterparts to facilitate productive exchanges of information. Provides data, information, and reports as needed in support of business partners.
- Develops a solid understanding of the 340B program in order to identify improvements to the 340B program offering.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions; OR, High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in performing data analysis and data management activities.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience working with pharmacy data at a retail pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Benefit Manager, benefit consultancy, or managed care company.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.