The North America Deal Strategy Group is responsible for working with North America License and SaaS Sales to structure, review, approve, and negotiate license transactions both internally and with customers. In addition the group designs, develops, and delivers process improvements and training in the Opportunity to Order internal process. General Role
This role is a Tier 1 Complex Transaction and Customer Facing Role. Acting on behalf of North America's most senior level Sales management, this role is responsible for structuring, advising and approving transactions across multiple lines of business for large deals and/or strategic customers. The role will assist other Tier 1 teams in complex transactions they are supporting. This role will provide negotiation support for Sales with their customers for Master Agreements and large transactions. Applicant should be prepared to provide on-going training for Sales, Tier 1 and other internal Oracle groups and work on projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Oracle deal processes. General Description
Requires high level of understanding of Oracle internal business procedures (contracting process, business practices) and general business strategy, finance and legal issues. Must be able to develop and review financial and legal analysis. Proactive approach, creativity, ability to manage virtual teams, and ability to negotiate are required skills. Ability to manage change, experience with License sales and Cloud sales at Oracle and ability to present to senior executives, both internal and external preferred. The T1 CT individual should establish key relationships with sales management to help proactively drive their sales strategies. Need for highly developed communication skills both written and oral. Experience approving Oracle transactions or working with Oracle's business terms and Sales teams, in addition to 10 plus years of relevant business experience desired. Advanced degree (Legal or MBA) highly desirable. Detailed Description
- Provide deal strategy, structuring, review and Oracle business policy advice to sales in a broadly assigned territory in an effort to maximize current and future revenue and remain within an acceptable risk profile for Oracle for complex transactions, named accounts and multipillar deals;
- Approve non-standard terms on behalf of Senior North America Sales Management for complex transactions, multipillar deals and named accounts;
- M anage escalation of complex non-standard terms to Legal, shared services groups and Office of the CEOs;
- Lead project management for transactions across Oracle's Opportunity to Order process flow for complex transactions;
- Oversee alliances with different groups who are required to review and comment on risk associated with non-standard deal terms in order to advise Sales;
- Guide or lead negotiations with customers on behalf of Sales;
- I dentify customer concerns raised across multiple negotiations and determine an optimum balance for an Oracle position in addressing customers' requirements;
- Develop and deliver communications and training for Sales and Tier 1 in areas of customer objection handling and best practices deal process management;
- Work with customers in educating business leaders in Oracle's contract structure, cloud hosting operations, security and other terms and conditions;
- Identifying changes to improve process;
- Work with or lead project teams who are improving process flow and deal velocity across Oracle.
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills. 8 plus years relevant work experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.