This BA will sit in the Bedford location but will report to the Cleveland office. This will be an in-between role where the candidate will enforce the standards from Cleveland (corporate) but have Bedford's back when needed. This candidate will need to have thick skin and be able to understand the political landscape.
The client is a multinational insurance holding company, which, through its insurance carriers, offers specialty property and casualty insurance products, including workers' compensation, commercial automobile and general liability; extended service and warranty coverage.
The Testing Business Analyst works closely with the end users to get the business requirements and to fully understand the functionality of the existing system. This individual will be responsible for functional specifications to meet the business requirements that development can work from. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing software test plans pre and post go-live to meet the business requirements. This person will apply subject matter expertise (Admin, Policy, Claims) to identify, develop and implement techniques to mitigate risks and resolve issues. The Testing Business Analyst will be the key person to ensure that the development products are complete and meet the business goal.
* Ensure that the development of the system meets the business needs (work as a conduit between the business and development where necessary)
* Write functional specifications that development can use to code from
* Develop and maintain effective and reusable test plans and test cases to meet the business objectives and to achieve maximum system coverage
* Execute test plans/scripts and accurately report results of testing
* Validate test results, identify software quality issues and record these issues in the defects tracking tool (we use Sharepoint)
* Assist other team members and software developers to determine the root cause of issues found
* Take initiative to establish, update/change manual testing requirements and procedures where necessary
* Work with IT and support team to ensure the testing platform is setup correctly
* Work with automated testing team to ensure that manual tests are documented appropriately to ensure they are automated where necessary
* Ability to learn new system quickly (experience in enterprise wide systems preferable)
* Should be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
* 4 year Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science preferable)
* 4+ years of experience in gathering requirements and writing test plans and test cases from either business or functional requirements documents
* 4+ years of experience in software testing in areas such as Functional testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (performance/load testing preferable but not necessary)
* Good knowledge of SDLC from requirements gathering through implementation
* Experience with defect reporting and analysis
* Should be able to manage work load and provide update on task progress
* Strong communications skills
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Should be able to work independently and in a team environment
* Insurance Industry experience
* Experience with testing backend systems - developing custom Oracle/SQLServer queries to validate changes to data from the front end system
* Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is a plus
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.