Business Analyst 5-Ops
Location: Reston, Virginia
Posted: June 29, 2016
Reference ID: 16000QJW
Working in the Oracle's Office of the Vice President of Software for the National Security Group, this individual will have an opportunity to learn about how one of the world's top software firms.
This position will be responsible for supporting and managing necessary sales operations and metrics to help guide strategic decisions around forecasting, performance and support the sales team's goals. The position will support a variety of operations supporting the Vice President of Software.
• Support the sales forecasting process across platforms and fields
• Consolidating weekly forecast data; providing forecast analysis to guide forecasting decisions. Compare historical forecast data to develop trends.
• Help to maintain sales results by rep, by platform, account and team and provide YOY analysis as well as other KPIs
• Serve as operations lead to Vice President of Software sales to ensure sales organizations runs smoothly
• Perform special projects and other related duties as required
• Help to facilitate and resolve day-to-day sales operations challenges with internal teams albeit compensation issues, HR issues, deal related
• Perform ad-hoc sales analysis
• BS in Business/Accounting/Finance preferred; will also consider other majors with strong analytical background; high academic achievement required; 10 years of, finance and/or accounting work experience preferred
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving
• Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required
• Experience working with large datasets and knowledge related to data analytics desired
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are important
• Ability to handle confidential information in a professional, mature manner
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Enthusiastic team player, productive working independently or as part of a group
• Demonstrated organizational skills, with short term and long term planning skills
• Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
• Flexibility a must
• Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills . Ability to partner across functions. 10 plus years relevant work experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.