We are currently adding an Data Center Site Selection position within the Cloud Operations team which will be primarily focused on new market development and acquisition of data center capacity for Oracle Cloud.
As a member of Oracle Cloud's Site Selection team, you will play an important part in providing operational analysis such as data center and network cost, hardware optimization , demand forecasts and capacity plans, as well as other financial analyses and guidance.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute within a fast paced and growth area for the company. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support market due-diligence and site selection for existing and new markets
- Develop regional data center strategy and manage the site selection effort for real estate, economic development incentives, energy and utilities, network connectivity, legal and financial considerations
- Negotiate commercial and business terms, while partnering with Legal on vendor on-boarding and legal review
- Continuous support of cross functional teams with engineering, capacity planning, procurement and finance, as well as data center operations on Oracle Cloud's global data center planning
- Support site selection efforts by researching real estate and utility cost, tax incentives, government affair and data privacy.
- Serve as the key business partner working directly with senior management and other internal stakeholders to provide data center selection recommendations
***All Qualifications are preferred****Qualifications:
- Experience in data center infrastructure and design a plus
- Strong research and data analysis skills preferred
- A passion for process improvement and project management at scale
- Strong negotiation abilities on commercial terms, and ability to prepare and review financial analysis of potential deal structure
- Understands Co Location lease options, and agreement
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills . Ability to partner across functions. 10 plus years relevant work experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.