Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Assistant Vice President - Business Analyst position will be responsible for the onboarding of new clients. This person will be highly regarded with an excellent track record in his or her current environment and must be a strong, decisive, results oriented individual who can develop and manage relationships across the company with a wide variety of partners, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge.
The position will require the ability to analyze, diagnose, design and implement solutions to work with client data for smaller clients or aspects of larger, more complex clients.
• Liaise with colleagues within the Berwyn, London, Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
• Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
• Perform key Recordkeeping functions
• Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
• Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
• Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
• Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
• Assist in the set up and transition process of new client accounts
• Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
• Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
• Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
• Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
• Conduct special/ad-hoc reports as required
• Complete and track progress with technical Change Control (RPMS) forms for clients and multiple operational areas.
• Review and 'sign off' internal Change Specification Documents impacting Enterprise systems and assess client impacts
• Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
• Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
• Provide Subject Matter expertise for complex system architecture queries/changes
• Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
• Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations.
• Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
• Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
• Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
• Good team working skills.
• Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
• Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
• Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
• PC literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO skills necessary.
• Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
• Requirement for business travel domestically and possibly at short notice
• Flexible working hours may be required.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.