This business analyst uses experience for gathering and documenting security, regulatory, and compliance business and technical requirements, preparing policy and procedure documents, and training materials for the support and implementation of security, regulatory, and compliance projects across the enterprise. This individual must be able to read, understand, and explain complex compliance control needs, and translate them into use cases and user stories for technology development and operations teams to execute against. This individual must have strong skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio, as they will be integral to their daily work. The candidate will be able to interact and elicit information from the technical and non-technical business community, and be able to communicate and every level of the organization from the hourly support workers and up through the executive leaders. This role will support internal and external goals of Bluemix Infrastructure division of IBM Cloud. The business analyst, as guided by management, will also support compliance projects by reviewing security and compliance findings and documenting resolution requirements working with functional leaders and subject matter experts. This will also include working in a matrix team reporting to project manager. The business analyst will participate in planning of department initiatives, annual goal setting, and special projects as assigned.
• Produces security, regulatory, and compliance use cases
• Produces policy and procedures documentation for review to executive levels and distribution to all levels of the organization
• Produces training materials, and coordinates to deliver training through various mediums
• Performs project administrative duties maintaining project artifacts and reporting
• Prepares documentation of project scope, goals, deliverables, and schedule for addressing compliance objectives in collaboration with compliance managers, functional managers and subject matter experts
• Assists with identifying and documenting project risks, dependencies, and critical path
• Develops and delivers progress reports, issue / action logs, proposals, and presentations
• Provides regular status reporting to project leadership on project assignments
• Documents changes in project scope to identify and avoid potential crises, and devise contingency plans
• Documents project lessons learned and root cause analysis for continuous improvement in project execution and delivery
• Associate's Degree or College Diploma is required, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Business Analyst or Business Process Analyst Certification through IBM Professional Certification Program, Project Management Institute, International Institute of Business Analysis, or other certifying entity preferred
• Up to 20% domestic travel may be required
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.