Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Business Analyst, Cash Flow Underwriting - Healthcare Finance (Bethesda, MD)
The Capital One Healthcare Finance business is one of the most active capital providers in the U.S. healthcare market, deploying approximately $9 billion in new commitments to customers via 200+ transactions in 2013. That adds up to more than $65 billion in financing over the past 10 years. For the fourth consecutive year, the Healthcare Financial Services business (HFS) was the top lead arranger by volume and number of transactions completed for all financings under $500 million in U.S. healthcare leveraged finance.
Customers across 45 healthcare sectors — including senior housing, hospitals, medical offices, outpatient services, pharmaceuticals and medical devices — rely on HFS to finance acquisitions, refinance existing debt, support working capital needs and fund growth initiatives. With in-depth industry knowledge and expertise, the HFS team of professionals creates business and financial solutions tailored to meet the individual needs of its customers.
As an Analyst for the Healthcare Risk Team, you are a new underwriter learning to conduct due diligence including research, financial modeling, and financial analysis, as well as manage documentation for structured lending transactions and monitor portfolio accounts.
- Supports structured lending underwriting deal teams by conducting industry research and financial modeling.
- Analyzes customer operations and finances to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
- Works closely with deal teams and loan closing team to ensure proper records are maintained at close and on an on-going basis.
- Interfaces with stakeholders to obtain needed information, resolve credit related issues, and minimize potential losses.
- Monitors and reports on accounts (along with account team) to ensure on-going compliance with loan agreements, policies and best practices.
- Cash Flow underwriting/portfolio management experience
- Familiarization with healthcare industry
- Collaboration skills: Works effectively in cross functional team environment.
- Communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information, maintaining open communication across deal teams.
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfills obligations.
- Takes initiative: Understands deal process and proactively completes subsequent steps in the deal process. Reaches out to others if unsure.
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively. Able to manage self and time to meet commitments.
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Bachelor's Degree in Business
- 2 years of experience in financial statement analysis
- 2 years of experience in financial modeling
- 2 years of experience in valuation
- 1 year of experience preparing financial information or 1 year of experience interpreting financial performance or 1 year of experience assessing risk exposure
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.