The Business Analyst (BA) works closely with the Product Owner to facilitate requirements gathering (stories) for all projects. He/she is a key member of the team for the duration of the project and is accountable for consulting with stakeholders to understand project goals and objectives, processes, and requirements. The BA collaborates with other members of the delivery team as well as external stakeholders to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and stories and conceptual designs, from which applications and solutions are developed. The BA will focus on the creation and delivery of client/colleague facing solutions. This person will also assist with the overall strategy and competitive analysis as needed.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *Minimum 6 years of related experience as an analyst supporting medium to large size projects
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in banking/financial services industry
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates excellent communication and documentation skills
- Previous experience working in or with a technology organization
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Previous experience working on client facing technologies/solutions
- Previous experience working with UX/Designers
- Knowledge of sizing and costing projects, feasibility studies.
- Ability to apply business, data, process, and object-oriented modeling techniques.
- Able to create and maintain use cases and stories.
- Knowledge of testing strategies, test plans, test execution.
- Understanding of data structure, and integrated system environment
- Ability to collect requirements and stories using a variety of methods (one-on-one, group, JAD sessions, etc.)
- Ability to interact with functional and technical counterparts to ensure that the application will meet requirement specifications
- Thorough understanding of "business needs analysis" process and how requirements relate to daily business operations
- Excellent project management methodologies and procedures
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communicates easily with varying stakeholders
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-motivate
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/VeteransNote
: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Note
: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled