location is onsite with Client in Tyler, TX BUSINESS DATA ANALYST
An analytical role based on-site at the retailer client (Tyler, TX) that is responsible for generating action-oriented shopper insights and activating marketing programs using household-level transaction data as a foundation. The position will be responsible for project management of all of Oracle's contracted deliverables relating to these topics. Key Job Responsibilities
- • Support the retailer's category management and category planning efforts with shopping behavior insights.
- • Be the recognized leader at the client of Oracle's Shopper Intelligence Platform and provide training and support for any client or vendor personnel that have a license to this tool.
- • Apply Oracle's proprietary consumer segmentations to business issues at the client to provide value-added insights.
- • Support the activation of consumer-targeted marketing programs that are contracted with the client.
- • Recommend additional programs as the business needs require.
- • Measure and report on strategic issues to support client's objectives, including: ad effectiveness, pricing, assortment, shelf placement and competitive benchmarking.
- • Manage day-to-day interaction across all teams of the client - marketing, analytics, merchandising, operations, etc.
- • Support ad hoc requests as needed to ensure the client maximizes use of its transaction-level data to achieve its goals.
Key Job Requirements
- • Detailed knowledge of techniques for applying household-level transaction data and a perspective on big data strategies in the retail industry.
- • Exposure to a dynamic and successful regional supermarket chain (Brookshire's) and an opportunity to contribute to its success.
- • Discuss and present ideas and projects to senior-level members of the client.
- • Enhanced understanding of marketing program activation, including the role of digital in consumer targeting.
- • Opportunity to play an important role in client interfacing and management while being part of a larger analytical network within Oracle.
- • Broader exposure to the services of the Oracle Corporation.
- • 1-3 years of experience in an analytics role - experience in retail, consumer packaged goods, syndicated data company or retail industry consultant is preferred.
- • Preferred knowledge and/or experience with retailer POS data or syndicated data (e.g. Nielsen, IRI).
- • Experience with shopper data is highly desirable.
- • Project management, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently with a keen sense of detail, prioritize projects and meet client deadlines.
- • Motivation to learn new analytical techniques and to seek ways to creatively apply analytical skills.
- • A deep understanding of Excel and knowledge of PowerPoint is critical. Experience with data management tools such Access, Tableau or equivalent is a plus.
- • Bachelor's Degree required
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required, as visa sponsorship will not be provided.
This position is based onsite in Tyler, TX and relocation assistance will not be provided.Qualifications:
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.