About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position reports into the Portfolio & Operations team and is accountable for helping manage ~$250M in annual operating expenses for two areas of Business Technology. The first is Finance & Business Operations BT (FBO BT), which supports all BT systems related to Finance and Global Operations. The second is the company Global Supply BT (PGS BT), which supports all above-site and site systems related to the company Global Supply chain consisting of 80 manufacturing sites and logistics centers. This position provides financial support to ensure that PGS&F BT achieves its annual financial targets and meets all financial reporting commitments to Finance and other recipients of financial information. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Management and also supports the Director, Portfolio & Operations.
High level responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
• Contribute to managing annual operating expenses to target ($141M for PGS BT and $106M for FBO BT)
• Leads the development of the annual operating expense budget and quarterly forecasts throughout the year
• Submit monthly re-classes and intercompany invoices to properly state financial results
• Ensure that costs are properly accrued for earned goods services or receipt of goods
• Verify that software prepayments are properly amortized
• Identify and explain variances versus actuals, budget and forecast
• Prepare monthly financial reporting package for Senior Leadership team
• Identify cost savings opportunities for expense reductions
• Ensure that budget transfers are received for incremental ongoing spend for new projects
• Validate Financial Support Agreements to ensure reimbursement for one-time project and incremental ongoing expenses
• Participate in master data management activities (cost centers, project codes, etc.)
• Track all upside and downside opportunities between quarterly forecast submissions
• Support acquisition, collaboration and divesture activities related to operating expenses
• Key user of the BT Financial Planning System (BTFP) used for monitoring operating expense actuals, budgets and forecasts. Help develop and implement system enhancements to improve reporting, forecast accuracy and usability
In order to effectively perform the responsibilities of this position, the following experiences and skills are required in a candidate:
Education and Experience
• Recent College Graduate with a degree in Accounting or Finance required OR 2017 Spring College Graduate obtaining a degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 0-2 years experience working in a business/corporate environment in a financial analysis role; successful completion of an Accounting internship is highly preferred.
• Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles required
Technical Skills Requirements
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and effective use of other Microsoft Office products (e.g. PowerPoint, Word)
• Willingness to contribute fresh and innovative ideas
• Change agile; must take action on projects quickly
• Seizes accountability/self-starter
• Quickly learns new skills and knowledge readily
• Works well in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated business acumen and leadership behavior
• Negotiation and influence skills
Must be able to work on a laptop/desktop for long periods of time
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Willingness to travel to accommodate deliverables and objectives 10% of the time.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.