For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make steel cheaper, hydrocarbons more accessible, chemical plants safer and more efficient, and health care more effective and more widely available– in short, to supply more goods and services to more people around the world.
Praxair is a Fortune 300 company with products and technology that impact more than 20 different industries. We’re one of the world’s largest industrial gases businesses, and you see our work every day, often without realizing it. POSITION QUALIFICATION SUMMARY:
In this role, you will be a member of the Smart Operations Team. You will be responsible for data analysis related to our predictive technology initiatives and the development of software for our reliability programs. Successful candidates will be able to interact with a wide variety of clients. You will work with a wide variety of data systems and be expected to generate coherent analysis and effectively communicate that to the team and its internal customers.
This is a temporary opportunity. We are interested in candidates looking to work full-time. This is a 3 month assignment, potentially longer. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work closely with Praxair Digital and Reliability team to analyze data from a variety of data sources, including our EAM system.
- Work closely with Praxair Digital and IT to develop Software and web applications
- Collect data from multiple systems including our i-historian, SQL-based data warehouses and other systems.
- Be able to manipulate, analyze and visualize data in multiple tools including SQL, Matlab and Tableau.
- Effectively communicate the results to the team as well as other internal business clients.
- Bachelor's in Statistics or Computer Science
- Experience in data driven modeling
- Experience in SQL
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Experience in developing .Net applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Master in Statistics or Computer Science
- Proficient programming skills in Matlab, R, Python, C#
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.