Under the general direction of the Director, Client Operations this position will be responsible for business analysis activities in accordance with ABC's systems development methodology and supporting projects within a specific portfolio area (sales and marketing supply chain finance etc.). This individual may work independently or with other Portfolio associates to deliver small scale projects or deliverables for larger projects.
- Responsible for collecting documenting and confirming business requirements and functional specifications.
- Works in close collaboration with business partners and developers to ensure consistent understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Defines develops and delivers test plans and associated test case scenarios.
- Establishes effective relationships with other ABC and IBM IT departments; builds and maintains effective business partner relationships.
- Assists with tasks and deliverables related to System Development Life Cycle phases for package and custom solutions
- Attends and participates in user and project meetings and teams to expand knowledge as a participant and not in a lead capacity; facilitates project status meetings; tracks project status.
- Investigates and documents project issues and detailed requirements
- Frequently interacts with IT staff including business area management portfolio managers vendors consultants and other contractors.
- Must be willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program; normally requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years directly related and progressively responsible experience with a focus in one or more of the following business areas: Finance Sales & Marketing Supply Chain Management Legal or Human Resources; general technical experience required.
- Excellent discovery and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good group presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good staff development skills
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with computer hardware such as general mainframe midrange network and desktop technologies; computer software includes application development lifecycle MS Office Suite and Outlook