We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Responsible for facilitating alignment between business and IT to drive solution design that effectively and efficiently meets the business need. Understands the customer’s objectives, business processes and products, as well as system capabilities.
Performs impact analysis of making changes to application systems and existing processes. Elicits or elaborates the business requirements and is responsible for documenting the functional design specifications. Supports application development, testing, implementation, and training/business readiness activities. Position Requirements
- Ability to understand business goals, define priorities, and define a technical or process solution to drive indented business results.
- Ability to approach work efforts with a holistic view and deliver solutions that address all impacted areas.
- Foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with key business and IT partners.
- Perform impact analysis of application changes across various channels, lines of business, states and systems.
- Promote change that will improve the agent and customer experience.
- Agile Methodology preferred.
- Insurance experience.
- Gap Analysis.
- Wireframes or other visual documents.
- Use Cases.
Ability to effectively manage the development of the functional requirements, including:
- Facilitating JAD/requirement gathering sessions.
- Managing and resolving open issues.
- Identifying dependencies and constraints.
- Serving as a SME and/or POC for questions related to your projects/assignments.
Provide prompt and reliable production support:
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Thorough detection of the entire issue/defect.
- Communication and issue resolution.
- Identification of root cause and implement prevention actions.
- Follow through on resolution.
Nice to Have
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and innovative thinking.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact, influence, and negotiate effectively.
- Strong ability to build relationships, work cross-functionally, provide support for projects.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
Physical Actions Physical Environment Education Requirements:
- Understanding of programming concepts.
- Cobal, Java, .Net, SQL, VB Script.
- Understanding of Database concepts.
Bachelors degree or equivalent. Experience Requirements:
Level I: 3 years of experience in analysis or a technical development role. Special Skill Requirement
Strong problem solving skills and innovative thinking
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact, influence, and negotiate effectively
Ability to make sound decisions
Excellent written and oral skills in local language.
May require occasional traveling.
Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings.
Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors An Equal Opportunity Employer