We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
As part of the IT - Master Data Management (MDM) team, this role serves as a liaison between the Business and IT to provide solution to their business needs; Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products as well as the business systems capabilities; Supports users in building business case, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, and project scope; Performs impact analysis and supports development of effort/cost estimates; Develops and documents functional specifications; Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities
Essential Job Functions
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system
- Defines project scope; Develops functional specifications; Prepares Preliminary Systems Design document
- Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products in order to make educated recommendations
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned Supports the Application Subject Matter Experts in development of estimates / validation of suppliers’ estimates
- Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan
- Drives day-to-day prioritization of work on capabilities, working with business
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelors degree or equivalent
5+ years as a Business Analyst or related areas
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Data experience related to MDM and/or data warehouse/business intelligence is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IBM/MDM and/or Informatica/ETL is highly preferred.
- May require occasional traveling.
- Excellent written and oral skills in local language.
- Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
A little about us: