This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to purchasing, distribution, and dispensing of pharmaceutical products at Walgreens. Uses this knowledge to develop cost benefit analysis of proposed programs through collection and data analysis. Develops and presents specific recommendations to Pharmacy Purchasing management team. Works on projects in strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning. Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and industry practices pertaining to purchasing, distributing, and dispensing of pharmaceutical products.
- Develops and presents cost-benefit analyses of proposed programs and makes specific recommendations tied to the business goals of the department and Company.
- Collects, analyzes and presents information pertaining to long-term planning and strategic goals of the Pharmacy Purchasing department.
- Works on projects in strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning as it relates to pharmacy purchasing and distribution.
#LI-BC1 Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions; OR, High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics.
- Basic level skill in SQL (for example: build queries, add, modify, and delete data; create and maintain tables, query and update databases using SQL statements, etc).
- Experience with EDW/Teradata, business objects, data warehouse applications, ADR7, and other Walgreens internal systems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.