The Enterprise Services and Financial Systems (ESFS) department is part of the Chief Financial Officer’s organization within Enterprise Financial Management. The Planning and Forecasting Application Support team works directly with business and corporate departments to implement technology solutions for their planning and forecasting needs.
The Business Analyst position combines the skills of a business analyst and project management staff. They will support various planning and forecasting initiatives to aid the company’s efforts to produce actual and forecast data with sufficient granularity and justification to address both Internal and External demands.
This position reports to a Director of the Planning & Forecasting team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as a liaison between business partners and system developers with responsibility for documenting detailed business requirements and system specifications
- Documenting as-is and to-be processes
- Developing test scripts and conducting both unit and integration tests
- Assisting with user testing and documentation
- Assist in preparation of user training and communications
- Providing end-user support including issue resolution and remediation
- Updating and creating financial reports
- Updating and monitoring project tasks and plans with the project manager
- A Bachelor's degree is required. A major in one of the following fields is preferred: Information Systems, Finance, or Accounting
- 1-3 years experience working as a business analyst, financial analyst or team member in finance/accounting field
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- A conscientious, detail-orientated nature
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced PC skills, particularly MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.