Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are looking to hire an analytics & insights expert to partner with the shopping experience product and Engineering teams. Ebay is undergoing a radical platform transformation – converting un-structured data into structured, and building a unique shopping experience on top of that – to help our customers browse and discover the breath of ebay’s inventory selection. This is a complex undertaking with interesting and challenging problems.
This leader will have the unique opportunity to influence decision making of the Shopping experience product roadmap with their insights and thought leadership. To be successful in this role:
The leader would have to strike a balance between being able to guide and influence the thinking and vision of the overall team while at the same time be extremely comfortable doing actual hands-on analyses using tools & packages such as SQL, R, Python etc.
This leader needs to possess not only super strong technical skills to turn big data in Teradata and Hadoop into actionable insights, but also big picture thinking to connect the dots and evaluate how the insights impact eBay’s ecosystem.
In addition to delivering insights on existing Product & Tech initiatives, successful leaders will come up with innovative product growth opportunities based on insights and create momentum behind them by bringing along senior leaders in the company.
Strong analytical acumen with thought leadership and critical thinking.
Proven track record of turning insights into product growth opportunities in prior roles with increasing scope and responsibilities. Preferably in a leading technology companies with 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Great articulation skills - ability to explain complex analyses and insights into simple terms
Strong background in e-commerce.
- Strong technical skills to turn the big data in Teradata and Hadoop into actionable insights. Hands-on ability in using SQL, R, Python etc.
- Strong quantitative background with Masters degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering. PhD degrees preferred.
- Good experience with both descriptive and inferential statistics – ability to build basic prototype models.
- Experience with site experimentation (A/B testing) is a plus.