Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal CET team is a key partner and enabler of the Global CET organization. The team is responsible for helping them meet business objectives and KPI goals by providing outstanding finance support and business insights. As a member of PayPal's FP&A team based in San Jose, this role will lead financial reporting and forecasting, tracking of the Merchant functions. Additionally, this role will also provide analytical support to the senior leaders of the Merchant organizations.
In this role, you will contribute to the overall maturity and evolution of financial reporting and analysis within PayPal. As a Business Analyst, Merchant, you will be responsible for analyzing product performance, report on key KPI's, and driving business insights in close collaboration with product and finance teams. You will partner with product and finance leads to help operationalize business strategies that will drive profitability and margin expansion for the PayPal brand. You will lead the effort to building key KPI's to measure and report on business and financial performance. Key Task Include:
In order to be successful in this role the candidate will have the following characteristics and skills:
- Big picture strategic thinking with hypothesis driven structured analytical approaches
- Strong modeling and presentation skills, experience and comfort with statistical modeling packages, and comfort with large datasets
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication up to the senior executive level
- Ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity, and meet deadlines in a fast moving environment focused on results
- Ability to operate in a highly complex cross-functional matrixed organization structure to drive direction, decision making, and priorities
- Ability to quickly learn and ramp up in new subject matters to drive relevancy to stakeholder interactions
- Strong team player who regularly volunteers to assist partners, take on additional responsibilities, and assist co-workers.
- Previous financial services industry experience is a plus
- SQL experience a strong plus
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous banking or financial services industry experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related degree. MBA desired.
- Prior background in strategy and strategic analysis
- Strong SQL and excel modelling skills.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.