Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is accountable for all of BP's oil, gas, power, chemical and financial supply, trading and shipping activities. IST's strategic vision is to build a world class organisation that:
- maximises the inherent value in BP's asset base;
- is based on world class infrastructure, assurance, control and efficiency; thereby creating a platform for growth;
- attracts and develops the highest quality people for superb performance.
North America Gas & Power (NAGP) IT&S Commodity Team provides software development services which designs, builds and maintains applications for Gas, Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) and Power Trading business. The NGL Business Analyst/SME will be responsible for eliciting, defining and managing business requirements from NGL business stakeholders using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies, to ensure that delivered IT&S solution successfully meet those needs, and that business users' expectations are met. Key accountabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise for IT solutions which support NGL/Chemicals and Crude businesses, both in North America as well as global markets.
- Conduct business analysis across functional commercial silos (Front-, Mid-, Back-office).
- Follow Agile/Scrum process in Software Development Life Cycle and best practices of NAGP IT&S Commodity Demand Management.
- Participate in requirements gathering, design support, documentation, development support, testing support and support handover activities as part of an IT delivery team.
- Provide assistance to NGL Support team for issues pertaining to production support, IT&S assurance for New Activity Integration (NAI) requests, etc. as needed.
- Ensure key issues are driven through to resolution with key stakeholders and other communities within the business and IT, either personally or by the team.
Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Engineering Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Demonstrate front-to-back knowledge of Openlink Right Angle ETRM for NGL business (V15 or higher)
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of the NGL commodity trading business including mid, front and back office breadth (eg. Trade Capture, Valuation, Scheduling and Settlements)
- Possess understanding of the full commodity deal life cycle and how it relates to NAGP's application landscape and architecture
- Demonstrate strong understanding of financial deal structuring and deal management
- Demonstrate familiarity with NAGP application landscape and interfaces, especially Pricing, SAP and other downstream functional systems
- Strong, confident and persuasive style that is complemented by well-developed active listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Stakeholder Management: Uses communication and influencing skills to obtain agreement between different interests; challenges constructively; brings different views into the open
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure and weigh priorities with competing importance and urgency
- Ability to develop a strong working relationship with the appropriate users to understand the key business drivers and priorities
- Ability to document requirements in IT language, especially around integration requirements and patterns
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to accomplish a team goal
- Ability to perform troubleshooting with minimal direction
- Familiarity with business analysis methodologies
- Rigorous attention to detail and application of standards and processes
- High self-motivation and strong focus on delivery
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum Methodology for Requirements and Test Management
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for managing the full software development life cycle
- Experience with basic SQL and/or Business Objects reporting
- Experience working with SAP transaction and financial systems
Negligible travelIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
IST Information Technology & Services (IT&S) is the progressive global IT arm of BP. The expertise IT&S provides is central to the operation and development of Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) - one of the world's largest energy trading businesses. Delivering innovative solutions for supply and commodity trading activity across IST's Global Gas and Oil Strategic Performance Units is at the heart of what IT&S does.
Our people and culture are diverse, reflecting the truly global nature of our business - in excess of 500 employees provide a presence in over 50 countries, with key hubs in London, Chicago, Houston, Calgary and Singapore. We support our people by offering an exciting variety of professions and provide excellent training opportunities to help them progress their careers.Segment
Integrated Supply & TradingClosing Date
[ "06-Dec-2017" ]
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.