Business Analyst – Technology, Media & Telecom Finance - Alpharetta or Bethesda
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Bank that services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One’s Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) business provides financing for corporate growth, mergers and acquisitions, balance sheet refinancings and recapitalizations to companies across the TMT sectors, including: application and infrastructure software, financial technology, cable, radio and television broadcasting, business information services and data analytics, educational media and services, entertainment media and communications infrastructure. The TMT business also provides a full range of other services including loan syndication, treasury management, capital market products, and institutional asset management.
The Analyst will support the Risk team and support underwriting teams by performing due diligence, financial modeling and analysis on companies in the TMT industries. The Associate will assist in various aspects of the underwriting process from diligence and modeling through presenting for approval, documentation and final closing. You will bring a customer focused approach to the management, monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of customer accounts.
• Assist in managing customer accounts to ensure customer retention, monitor account performance, compliance with documentation and credit approvals and identification of new opportunities.
• Prepare company and healthcare industry research and analysis. Analyze financial statements and prepares reports for management. Present and defend analysis to management, as necessary.
• Perform valuation analysis for projects and companies, and prepare full financial projects and financial models for project valuation.
• Conduct financial modeling to determine operating performance and assess risk. Develop strategies to mitigate ongoing risk.
• Review, assimilate, and critically summarize transaction-related documents.
• Manage accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications. Monitor and report on assigned portfolio.
• Provide support to all phases of a transaction after closing, including operations and financial monitoring, documentation, analyzing requests for consents and waivers and restructures of troubled account
• Develop strong customer relationships and identify opportunities for additional financing or refinancing
• Experience in finance or banking industries with exposure to large commercial transaction underwriting
• Experience in financial statements analysis, financial modeling and valuation
• Experience preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure
• Exposure to cash Flow underwriting/portfolio management
• Familiarization with the Technology, Media and Telecom Industries
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 year of experience in financial statement analysis or 1 year of experience in financial modeling or 1 year of experience in valuation
• 1 year of experience preparing financial information or 1 year of experience interpreting financial performance or 1 year of experience assessing risk exposure.
• Completion of a Bank Credit Analyst Training Program
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Bachelor's Degree Business
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.