Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Business Analyst - Underwriting, Cash Flow (Healthcare Finance)
As an Analyst for the Healthcare Real Estate Team, you are a new underwriter learning to conduct due diligence including research, financial modeling, and financial analysis, as well as manage documentation for structured lending transactions and monitor portfolio accounts.
- Supports structured lending underwriting deal teams by conducting industry research and financial modeling.
- Analyzes customer operations and finances to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
- Works closely with deal teams and loan closing team to ensure proper records are maintained at close and on an on-going basis.
- Interfaces with stakeholders to obtain needed information, resolve credit related issues, and minimize potential losses.
- Monitors and reports on accounts (along with account team) to ensure on-going compliance with loan agreements, policies and best practices.
- Collaboration skills: Works effectively in cross functional team environment.
- Communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information, maintaining open communication across deal teams.
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfills obligations.
- Takes initiative: Understands deal process and proactively completes subsequent steps in the deal process. Reaches out to others if unsure.
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively. Able to manage self and time to meet commitments.
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of experience in finance, accounting, or credit.
- 6 years of finance or accounting experience including financial analysis, preparing financial information and interpreting financial performance.
- Experience in cash flow analysis, collateral analysis, financial analysis or loan operations/closing