500 Monroe (35040), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Business Analyst, Underwriting Healthcare Finance-Chicago, IL
The Associate will support the Risk team and support underwriting teams by performing due diligence, financial modeling and analysis on companies in the healthcare industry. The Associate will assist in various aspects of the underwriting process from diligence and modeling through presenting for approval, documentation and final closing. You will bring a customer focused approach to the management, monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of customer accounts.
- Analyzes customer operations and finances in order to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Accurately collects customer financial information.
- Conducts financial modeling to determine operating performance and assess risk.
- Conducts industry research and competitive due diligence. Participates in transaction underwriting and credit approval issues
- Monitors and reports on assigned portfolio.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Coaches and develops junior team members Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or valuation
- At least 1 year of experience preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance or assessing risk exposure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Bachelor's Degree in Business
- Cash Flow underwriting/portfolio management experience
- Familiarization with healthcare industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.