State Street is seeking a Vice President-level Business Analyst in the Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP) group supporting the following workstreams: Legal Entity Rationale (LER) Material Entities (MEs) Core Business Lines (CBLs) and Critical Operations (COs).
The RRP group provides organizational leadership for the development of Recovery and Resolution Plans that fundamentally strengthen State Street's capacity to respond effectively in extreme and catastrophic stress events. The Recovery and Resolution Plans are developed to align with requirements established by the Dodd-Frank Act and overseen by the Federal Reserve and FDIC. State Street conducts these efforts in the context of heightened regulatory expectations and under direct oversight from executive management. RRP efforts are conducted cross-functionally with strong engagement from senior and executive management in the U.S. and abroad functional leaders and subject matter experts across the organization.
The role has responsibilities ranging from the coordination development and actual writing of the firm's respective chapters for its Recovery and Resolution Plans as well as developing monitoring and advising on BAU processes supporting State Street's LER conformance ME determination and coordinating and working with the various CBLs and COs to establish clear and repeatable processes. The position will play an important part in supporting and participating in regular updates to senior and executive management as well as regulators.
The individual will have 7+ years relevant experience in finance legal risk or compliance functions in a large financial services organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills effective written and verbal communication skills and an owner's mindset. In addition this individual will possess demonstrated leadership capabilities a capacity for strategic thinking and an ability to deliver high-quality work both independently and in project team settings. A strong commitment to teamwork within the RRP group and across organizational groups is vital to succeeding in this role.
- \t\tOn-going maintenance and identification of CBLs/COs and MEs\t
- \t\tFacilitation and coordination across Business Lines to ensure accurate and timely production of Global Custody CBLS and CO chapters of State Street's plan submissions\t
- \t\tRefresh and review plan sections and support the overall RRP team by ensuring consistency across plan sections and building synergies\t
- \t\tAddressing regulatory feedback and guidance\t
- \t\tCreation of and managing to a project plan across various contributors\t
- \t\tSupport the annual review of material entities\t
- \t\tCoordinate with the team and various State Street entities and Bus to ensure senior management is informed of any legal entity changes and updates\t
- \t\tMonitoring adherence to LER principles and criteria\t
- \t\tMaintenance project management on identified enhancements updates changes of the LER principles and criteria\t
- \t\tActive and knowledgeable participation in regulation analysis
Qualifications and Skills:
- \t\tBachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred\t
- \t\tAccounting degree a plus\t
- \t\tExperience should include the following:\t
- \t\t7+ years working in large financial services organizations\t
- \t\tExperience in a key contributing role related to finance legal risk or compliance functions in a large financial services organization\t
- \t\tStrong verbal communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable delivering presentations and engaging in open collaborative dialogue in team and cross-functional settings\t
- \t\tAbility to write in a clear and concise manner\t
- \t\tQuantitative skills in analyzing a large volume of information\t
- \t\tIntellectual curiosity and the capability to learn and analyze new concepts in a fast-paced environment\t
- \t\tStrong attention to detail with focus on accuracy and understanding concepts\t
- \t\tExperience working in project-based settings\t
- \t\tOwners mindset\t
- \t\tMicrosoft Office suite skills\t
- \t\tESSBASE skills a plus
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.