Business Analytics Consulting- Manager
Posted: April 29, 2017
Reference ID: 114485979
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Be part of Visa Performance Solution (VPS), A 100 plus persons strong team which combines deep industry expertise and consulting skills to drive tangible impact and financial results for Visa's clients. With a broad range of strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, and marketing experience across financial services, VPS solves our clients 'most strategic business problems.
Partner with our Clients, Data Engineering and Technology teams to use analytics to accelerate business growth and transform customer experiences. We are an exciting, growing and fun team that works with industry-leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter and a quick learner.
The Business Analytics Consulting- Manager would play a key role in the VPS Global Strategic Solutions team building new consulting services to optimize client business card portfolio through a data-driven approach, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, their preferred brand and unique business/marketing partner. This is a unique opportunity for the Business Analytics Consulting- Manager because it includes involvement in all aspects of a client-facing organization, helps to further develop professional services skills, and provides an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the payments industry.
Prior consultant experience is preferred.
• Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering revenue-generating consulting services to key Visa clients.
• Capitalize key business opportunities, develop strategic profitability initiatives at a client, and market level through information analysis and business intelligence.
• Manage, facilitate and implement consulting services to meet client's business target through performing clients-specific trend analysis for historical data.
• Evaluate analytical findings to ensure accurate interpretation of data and development of meaningful business insights. Interpret business and statistical analysis for use in decision-making.
• Complete consulting engagements with senior level clients, including participating in interviews, summarizing confidential client data, and generating key findings
• Manage, facilitate and implement consulting services to solve client's business problems by leveraging client's customer data and Visa Net transaction data. Perform statistical analyses on client portfolio data such as customer demographics, activity, spend levels, risk and payment behavioral information.
• Create and propose high-impact strategic and tactical performance improvement recommendations for Visa clients
• Communicate insights and findings to the clients, stake holders and non-technical audiences in the clearest and most concise manner
• Build and maintain relationships with internal Visa partners, including Visa Product Management, Visa Account Executives
• Secure new consulting engagements and re-engagements opportunities. Knowledge transfer in order to optimize business profitability for Client banks.
• Be an evangelist of data analytics, provide new data solutions and drive adherence on using data to solve business problems.
• Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
• Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
• Deploy analytical models and techniques within the organization. Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current business practices within Visa.
• Suggest and deploy advanced statistically methodologies to solve business problems across the customer life-cycle. Problems related to but not limited to: developing models to predict customer churn and collaborating cross functionally to help develop marketing solutions.
• Develop industry analysis to share internally at Visa for a variety of products (credit, debit, prepaid, and commercial)
What is VPS looking for in a Business Analytics Consulting- Manager? We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practices:
• BA/BS Required. Professionals with prior management consulting, banking, and/or emerging technology experience (4-6 years of work experience preferred)
• Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
• Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
• Results oriented.
• Substantial problem solving, ability with strategic focus to Impact ROI
• People management and interpersonal skills; team player
• Understanding of Retail banking industry
• Advanced proficiency in SQL, SAS, Hadoop and data visualization tools like Tableau
• Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts both internal to Visa and with the client
• Experienced project management skills, both from an individual perspective but also with respect to managing team and client expectations and deliverables.
• Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
• A background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
• An affinity for payments technology and its future
• Willingness to travel 30-50%, domestic and international assignments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.