With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Services team includes IT architects, consultants, support engineers, sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class platforms and productivity services. Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) team is on the front lines with our customers Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments.
From end-to-end, Microsoft Customer Service & Support (CSS) is transforming the way we support our customers, and we want you to be a part of it! CSS is a dynamic large global organization that delivers great customer experiences across all Microsoft products every day.
In CSS, our vision and our promise is to Drive Customer Success with a Modern Support experience across the customer lifecycle. We aspire to deliver seamless experiences with quality, speed and value by building self-healing into our products and services to prevent and automate issue resolution before customers experience a problem. We enable our transformation with telemetry, tools, readiness and business intelligence to drive successful outcomes for our customers. We know our customers and anticipate their needs across every stage of the lifecycle.
The Operations and Delivery Excellence team is looking for an experienced highly motivated individual to join our new Incident Forecasting and BI & Analytics team. The team will work very closely with key partners across CSS to conduct demand volume forecasting simulations using math modeling, analytical data and statistical tools. Key deliverable is to provide stakeholders with accurate demand forecast for proactive and reactive businesses, within target thresholds for all major forecast segments. This includes everything from mining to expose past customer-driven trends, to research leading to behavior predictions for new product launches, to learning emerging technologies required for solution automation, and understanding the business and financial impacts of everything in-between. This is a rare opportunity to develop and put to use multiple skills in a fast-paced and constantly-changing environment.
The person in this role will need to think strategically at a global level. In addition, the ability to be flexible and take on challenges outside of current knowledge and skill sets will be critical to achieving success. If you have the relevant experience and ideas for how to solve complex business problems, then we would like to hear from you.
• Collaborate with team members across CSS Technical Support Business Units (SBUs) and Engineering teams to improve long range forecasts and increase business insight
• Design and implement changes in the forecasting systems and processes to incorporate rapidly-changing business strategies
• Perform statistical analysis to measure key support metrics, such as abandonment rate, first contact resolution or backlog, and make recommendations to the business on impacts to forecasting
• Manage and improve data systems and algorithms that drive run rate forecasts
• Act as a technical lead to the predictive analytics group Research, design, develop, and iterate on models to explain past behavior and to predict future behavior across the CSS Support Business Units Discover trends in customer behavior through mining of transaction-level datasets
• Create and maintain systems capable of extracting log-level detail from remote systems, transforming data to a common taxonomy, and autonomously feeding common insights
• Lead with data, informing executive-level decision-making with a minimum viable approach
• Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science
• Data manipulation and analytics proficiency, using R, SPSS
• 5+ years experience of forecasting experience
• Experience taking predictive models from a back-of-the-napkin mockup to full autonomy
• Ability to deal in intense ambiguity - we hypothesize, build, measure, and iterate rapidly
• Advanced Excel skills (Pivots, dimensional modeling, linking to external data sources)
• Proficiency in at least one of the following languages, preferably both: SQL, C#
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences Extensive problem-solving skills, self-confidence, and strong leadership qualities
• Prior customer service and support experience
• Experience with Financial modeling and P&L, especially in a Microsoft context
• Experience working in a global team or in 24x7 service operations
• Working knowledge of the MS BI stack, including Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and agent job management
• Knowledge of cloud services, such as Windows Azure or Amazon Web Services
• Understanding of Big Data platforms, such as Hadoop or COSMOS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.