Global HyCO has an immediate opening for a Business Analytics Specialist to support GHYCO’s advanced analytics initiatives . This role will require experience in business intelligence, advanced analytics as well as experience in working with big data sets and statistical analysis. This is a cross-functional role that will help develop, manage and maintain a portfolio of analytic tools that will support growth within the Global HYCO organization.
- Support and develop data management systems and business intelligence dashboards to help business leaders in extracting actionable information from massive data
- Develop, maintain and improve advanced analytical tools as well as automate data collection and cleaning processes
- Develop and maintain tools and applications (including mobile applications) for the GHYCO organization
- Perform detailed statistical modeling, machine learning and database analysis
- Gather information from field; identify trends; disseminate information regarding known solutions to recurring or common issues
- Utilize process/data analysis, plant wide control and modeling skills to identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Provide regular technical assistance to operational, safety & reliability, commercial, business development and product management teams
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in engineering, statistics, operations research, mathematics, computer sciences, or other related area
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in an engineering environment
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Matlab, Excel, VBA and other statistical packages
- Excellent analytical and communication (both written and oral) skills
- Chemical engineering background
- Advanced degree in engineering, statistics, operations research, mathematics, computer sciences, or other related area
- Knowledge in industrial manufacturing intelligence (refining, chemical)
- Knowledge in applied multivariate statistics (PCA/PLS)
- Knowledge in six sigma, experience with statistical software such as Minitab
- Database knowledge and data reporting experience
- Knowledge of industrial gas processes
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies. Must possess analytical curiosity to seek out and develop potential solutions and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.