Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Business and pricing analyst
This is a strategic role in XtremIO's business operations team, combining business analytics, pricing strategy development and implementation as well as special programs and initiatives supporting XtremIO GTM efforts Business Analyst
Lead analytical and business intelligence function supporting the XtremIO business unit. Serves as the BU data steward analyzing a variety of data sources- sales, financial performance market/competitive data for strategic, product and marketing decisions. Establishing and maintain the integrity of the data and create easy to consume decision support tools/dashboard to support strategic and tactical decisions. Delivers ad-hoc data and reporting requests to the BU and corporate functions. Develops, runs and prepares various statistical analyses and reports based on both internal and external data sources. Utilizes various software packages and tools for collecting, mining, interpreting and reporting data.Pricing Analyst
The Pricing Analyst is responsible for EMC XtremIO Business unit Pricing and presentations to the Executive Pricing Committee. The position works closely with product managers to develop quarterly deep dive reviews for senior executives. The position is responsible for the evaluation, development and implementation of product pricing. Other responsibilities include project managing various pricing proposals for pricing governance review, working in conjunction with product management, sales, marketing, operations and finance functions on setting prices, margins, testing pricing strategies, and determining go-to-market pricing on new product launches and mid-life cycle price modifications.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes strong leadership positions in developing pricing for the channel and direct customers.
- Able to articulate entire pricing solution from quote to final presentation fluently and modify pricing model as needed. Creates forecasts, P&Ls, and risk analysis for the various pricing engagements.
- Must be able to collaborate with members of the team, Senior Management, and high-level employees in other cross-functional groups. May work directly with Solution Principals, EMC Sales, and Customers.
- Uses complete knowledge of the business, including system and product knowledge in order to holistically understand pricing for customers. Can create, understand, and present detail from financial statements to build a sound business case around recommendations.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity - will need to create scenarios of alternate outcomes and make recommendations about the implications of pricing decisions based on limited and imperfect information
Education and Experience
- Pricing / financial skills or experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products- ability to translate complex XLS models into easy to consume ppt presentations
- SAP database OBIEE/Tableau knowledge is a must
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Bachelors or Master's degree
- 3-5 years relevant experience in business analytics, product performance and pricing analysis and strategy recommendations
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Sales Operations Job Family Group
Job ID: R32269