Calling all big thinkers! Come participate in the transformation of Enterprise Services!
Business Architect (Senior Business Program Manager)
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Enterprise Services Portfolio Management office. At its core, this role is about charting the future. The portfolio management team must understand and facilitate governance of all applications that support the ES business. It is also expected that in this role, you will evaluate and score incoming demand for new potential programs or tools in order to give executives clear, objective recommendations.
To be the ideal candidate, you will need to be confident in how applications across Enterprise Services support business capabilities and how each application intersects interacts with end users. Cross-team collaboration will be essential to ensure process, business intelligence (BI), roles, and technical designs are not managed in isolation. In collaboration with many business stakeholders, you will create roadmaps that tie execution to strategy and business objectives. Business cases must be quantifiable & data-driven to enable objective decision making. You will conduct multi-year planning and ensure that technical delivery stays aligned to the Enterprise Services’ strategic vision and the value expected.
We are looking for an innovative thought leader that has a proven track record of delivering business results. You should have working knowledge of architectural frameworks and be able to demonstrate a history of successful transformations across complex, worldwide organizations.
In this role, you will:
• Track the portfolio of Enterprise Services tools, their capabilities, roadmaps, technical health, business alignment and user experience
• Strategically assess future business and technology investments and align multiple teams to a common vision.
• Apply a broad and deep understanding of an Enterprise Services organization and its internal groups' needs, drivers, and decision-making processes.
• Plan, strategize and influence priorities and decisions to improve processes, performance, and user experience.
• Work towards shaping and landing a connected Services applications vision, collaborating with the Roles team, Process team, BI, IT, and field stakeholders.
• Actively seek and create opportunities for synergies across the business ecosystem to drive long-term solutions and shared roadmaps.
You will be able to:
• Work with Product Managers and Engineering Leaders across Enterprise Services to conduct Application Assessments, build Connected Roadmaps for large strategic initiatives and create business cases to drive Investment Decisions
• Build business cases using qualitative and quantitative data and enable the leadership team to align investments to business value
• Synthesize large amounts of information into crisp recommendations for senior management.
• Present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences, such as executives, program managers, and developers.
• Lead negotiations and build consensus when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
• 5+ years of successful program/product management in large scale, complex enterprise environments; global experience preferred
• Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and influence management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with organizational stakeholders at all levels
• Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
Location & Travel – this role will be based in Issaquah, WA, with travel estimated to be less than 10%.
Who we are
In Microsoft Services Business Operations (SBO), our goal is to power One Services through a common operating model that simplifies and improves customer and employee experiences. Our team drives a broad range of shared services functions that include Operations, Services Insights, Role Excellence, and Business Solutions & Tools for both the Enterprise Services and Customer Service and businesses.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success, with over 22,000 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.