At Monsanto we're focused on finding innovative solutions for the issues we face in agriculture. Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. At Monsanto you'll be respected, you'll contribute to the bottom line and you'll help farmers feed the world.
In our Global Vegetable Information Technology Group, we leverage cutting edge technology, data, analytics and software to revolutionize agriculture, food production, and quality of life. As an IT professional with Monsanto, the work you perform will be interesting and challenging, and you'll be involved in the development of new systems and applications that drive our business forward. That's why we've been ranked among the Top 100 Companies by Information Week, among the 100 Best Places for IT Workers by Computerworld, and identified as one of the most innovative companies by Forbes Magazine.
The Vegetable business is embarking on a journey to transform the way we engage with our key customers, growers, and retail partners. This new strategy will be heavily reliant on cutting edge disruptive technology to change the industry and differentiate our business with our competitors. We are seeking a Business Architect - Planning
within the Vegetable IT organization to help lead effort in our Supply Chain planning area from a technology perspective. This role will work closely with Senior Business Partners in Planning area to design IT solutions in an effort to drive business process and process improvement. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creating operational and strategic views of the business that facilitate improved decision-making, coordinate diverse initiatives, and accelerate the pace of change.
- Working with business and technology leads to develop and maintain business capability roadmaps (APQC), journey maps and other HCD artifacts.
- Envision the future. Research industry trends, best practices and improvement opportunities from all sectors.
- Contributes to Long Range Planning process.
- Engage actively in global process standardization and ensure alignment with Global supply chain organization
- Coordinate and prioritize business process improvement efforts across the organization.
- Provide functional oversight across all business processes & business capability inventory.
- Ensure business process alignment across business segments solution roadmaps
- Build strong relationships with data asset & stewardship teams and business partners to drive standardization and identify new ways of leveraging our data assets for use to solve business problems across business unit.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in a related business or technical disciplines are preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years related experience in a planning or IT environment.
- 5+ years of IT experience in a business analysis role, preferable business facing.
- Experience working in business operations and demonstrated strong business and digital acumen in the context of supply Chain area.
- Practical experience implementing business process, governance, and standards.
- Expert communication and facilitation skills at a senior leadership level.
- Strong conceptual thinker with high-level modeling skills.
- The ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, strong critical thinking skills and the ability to be decisive while working cooperatively with others.
- Experience with understanding the connection of manufacturing operations with associated business functions such as customer service, production, quality and product management.
- Proven experience with emerging enterprise technologies that can be applied to global business solutions.
- Experience with SAP-APO, SAP-IBP, or other planning and optimization tools is desired.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.