Business Banker - Beaumont, TX
The Banker is a member of a relationship management team that is responsible for building relationships with businesses and/or high net worth individuals within an assigned region/community. The roles main responsibility is to develop new deposit, treasury and credit relationships for the Bank. It also includes managing and cross-selling a client portfolio comprised of treasury management and/or credit clients. The Banker is the client’s primary point of contact and key financial advisor for the client. The Banker develops, markets and administers, demand and time deposits, existing loans and cross sells related banking accounts and services. The Banker should possess the ability to develop relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the clients or prospects company.
The Banker should be capable of organizing, leading and negotiating with a team of Bank Associates in order to provide solutions to client issues Key Activities Include:
• Expresses ideas in written formats such as emails, form letters, decks for presentations, manuals, reports, and contracts to a variety of audiences. The content may contain information that is confidential, private, sensitive, or proprietary. Messages may range from informative to persuasive and cover topics ranging from straightforward to highly technical.
• Organizes and presents information orally in a meaningful form; speaks with individuals or groups inside or outside of Capital One.
• Identifies and solves problems by using information from a variety of sources such as reports, survey findings, notes, and comments; integrates information; generates potential solutions; and evaluates risk/benefit tradeoffs.
• Negotiates with internal and/or external parties (e.g., customers, regulators, court personnel, vendors, suppliers, potential business partners) to structure deals or establish formal agreements.
• Provides consultation to others on issues in one’s own area of expertise; shares information with others for purposes such as solving problems or developing recommendations.
• Monitors and evaluates work of self, direct reports, project teams, or other internal or external groups members (e.g., vendors, suppliers) against work or project goals and objectives (includes determining what goals/objectives to monitor and evaluate).
• Establishes and implements a sales strategy; interacts with customers or potential customers to explain Capital One products and services with the goal of persuading them to do business with the company.
Develops and maintains the company's relationships with contacts/customers to maintain and expand business.
Maintains a regular calling program on customers and prospects in order to generate high quality new deposit and loan business from existing clients in order to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
Meets with existing customers and prospects through personal calling efforts and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can help provide business solutions to all of their financial needs.
Assists in planning the portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
Responsible for expanding their prospect and COI base by consistently networking in the community.
Responsible for the sale and administration of all banking services to include deposits, loans, investments, trust, etc. to businesses and/or individuals within the assigned region
Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Trust, Branches, Operations, etc.) in the servicing of routine transactions and in solving the special customers.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors products and pricing in the market served.
Responsible for the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in his/her assigned area.
Reviews demand deposit profitability analysis and outlines strategies to bring unprofitable accounts back to profitable status.
Evaluates risk and compensating demand deposit balances of each loan in order to properly price loan to meet profitability standards.
Works with borrowing customers to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis.
Communicates lending decisions to customer.
Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing. Controls volume of exceptions.
Serves as a representative in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
- High School diploma, GED, equivalent experience or military experience
- At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
- 3 years of experience in Branch Banking
- 3 years of experience in Business Banking