We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Essential Job Functions
- Client facing role which works closely with assigned business units to provide HR consultation to optimize people, structure, process and culture with the goal of achieving business results.
- Execute HR priorities in direct alignment with business strategy, day to day HR and organizational development responsibilities, ensuring consistency in interpretation and administration of policies.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to employees and management based on expertise, knowledge and/or experience.
- Investigates employee concerns, provides guidance and recommends appropriate corrective action to effectively resolve employee relations matters.
- Provides consultative support for managers and supervisors for moderately complex employee relations, compensation, employee benefits, talent management, performance management, training and safety to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Reviews current policies, practices and programs and recommend changes and/or updates to keep our competitive edge in employee retention and recruitment.
- Tracks and monitors trends, escalating workplace issues to the line of business HRBP in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with functional team members and helps build strategy, improve organizational performance and helps develop organizational capability.
- Periodically takes the lead role on special projects and uses influence with peers to reinforce HRBP and leadership messages.
- Contributes to the success of the team by proactively sharing critical information in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Actions Physical Environment Education Requirements
- Primary point of contact for employees and supervisors for employee relations issues and investigations.
- Assist in the analysis and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Provides support to managers throughout the corrective action process up to and including termination.
- Ensures consistency of policies and processes.
- Conduct complex or sensitive investigations as assigned based on expertise, knowledge and experience.
- Identifies, escalates and resolves compliance, legal and/or regulatory-related issues as appropriate.
- Gathers and analyzes data (talent scout, turnover, retention, exit interview).
- Under moderate supervision, prepares trend reports and discuss recommended actions for presentation to client groups or HRBPs.
- Develop partnership with CoE’s to assist assigned business units with recruiting, payroll and benefits-related needs when needed.
- Guide and support managers on the planning and implementation of effective performance management; Objective setting, IDP’s, MYR and YEA process.
- Coaches and guides manager decisions related to employee promotions, salary administration, development options and career counseling.
BS/BA in Business Administration, Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field required. Relevant HR Certification (PHR) preferred, but not required Experience Requirements
Special Skill Requirement
- 5 or more years Human Resource experience, preferably in a client facing role.
- Proven experience with strong follow up skills, ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of labor and fair employment practices and laws (intermediate level).
A little about us: