The Global Regulatory, Safety and Biometrics (GRSB) IT Business Capability Manager is accountable for strategic information systems that globally enable regulatory content management and contribute to BMS R&D processes and deliverables in compliance with global regulatory requirements. This role will partner with IS, outsourcing partners, vendors and functional area leads within Global Regulatory and Biometrics to define, plan, prioritize, deliver & support strategic capabilities and to ensure maximum value is achieved.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively translate business strategies into multi-year capability roadmaps and concrete informatics programs.
- Lead collaborative efforts with business areas to develop and gain approval for programs that create tangible business value with well-articulated and evidenced based business outcomes.
- Lead and manage strategic programs, from concept initiation through delivery, including the successful transition of new, validated capabilities into production operations.
- Implement program/project governance processes and change management efforts that ensure successful project execution and achievement of high value business outcomes.
- Lead contracting and procurement of external resources for project-type work.
- Partner with Global Procurement (GP) to lead the evaluation of commercial products (e.g., software packages) and services and actively steer the negotiation process for vendor products.
- Lead and facilitate process engineering based on detailed and practical knowledge of the broad range of systems and processes that support GRSB.
- Proactively research industry and technology trends to inform strategic planning and translate to potential opportunities.
- Must have at least eight (8) years of experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical environment.
- BS in Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required. Graduate Degree or higher level education preferred.
- Strong practical working experience with Regulatory Content Management and Authoring systems in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership & track record of maintaining effective business relationships with senior management to ensure Informatics can deliver solutions that align with business strategies and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience with IT road map creation and portfolio planning.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct business analysis, requirements specifications and release planning.
- Experience in evaluating commercial products (e.g., software packages) and services and influencing the negotiation process for vendor products.
- Working knowledge of GxP regulations and delivery of IM projects in a GxP environment.
- Proven abilities to plan, manage, and deliver strategic capability programs, from concept initiation through delivery.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization including executive stakeholders.
- Ability to achieve successful consensus among differing priorities and stakeholders in both the IT and business communities.
- Effective in cross-functional, multi-site, matrix management and team building.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Vet/Disability - 1600768
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.