Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Position Summary:
The Global Regulatory, Safety and Biometrics (GRSB) IT Business Partner is accountable for implementation and evolution of strategic information systems that globally enable the management of regulatory data and content relating to submissions, registrations, commitments, and correspondence. This role is within the Research and Development Information Technology group and will partner with GRSB business colleagues, other internal IT service teams, outsourcing partners, vendors to define, plan for, prioritize, deliver and support strategic information management capabilities and to ensure maximum value is achieved. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Key Competencies:
- IT Business Partner Lead for the implementation of a new multi-year transformational RIM capability and achievement of business outcomes.
- Accountable for the delivery of the new cloud-based RIM capability project leveraging a matrix team to assure scope, timeline and objectives are met. Particular focus will be to ensure the quality of the systems configuration, associated testing and data and content migration.
- Implement program/project governance processes and change management efforts that ensure successful project execution and achievement of high value business outcomes.
- Partner will supporting IT teams to define and implement the appropriate support structure for managing the on-going operations, such as help desk and release management.
- Proactively translate business strategies into multi-year capability roadmaps and concrete IT programs.
- Proactively engage with interfacing divisions to create process and system interfaces that support the effective use of regulatory information outside of GRSB.
- Lead contracting and procurement of external resources for project-type work.
- Partner with Global Procurement (GP) to lead the evaluation of commercial products (e.g., software packages) and services and actively steer the negotiation process for vendor products.
- Lead and facilitate process engineering based on detailed and practical knowledge of the broad range of systems and processes that support GRSB.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure effective utilization of RIM capabilities by BMS strategic partners.
- Proactively research industry and technology trends to inform strategic planning and translate to potential opportunities.
- 6 years of experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical environment or related industry
- BS in Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required. Graduate Degree or higher level education preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading capability implementations.
- Experience with various Regulatory Information Management capabilities within a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of drug development process and regulatory operations or related domains.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership & track record of maintaining effective business relationships with Senior Management to ensure IT can deliver solutions that align with business strategies and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining IT road maps and portfolio management.
- Experience in evaluating commercial products (e.g., software packages) and services and influencing the negotiation process for vendor products.
- Working knowledge of GxP regulations and delivery of IT projects in a GxP environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization including executive stakeholders.
- Ability to achieve successful consensus among differing priorities and stakeholders in both the IT and Business communities.
- Effective in cross-functional, multi-site, matrix management and team building.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.