Job Location: Dayton, OH; New York, NY; Oriskany, NY; Warwick, RI
The Business Communications & Engagement Analyst is central to the success of the Sales department within MetLife’s Customer Solutions Center (CSC), which provides Sales and Customer Service support for key insurance and protection products within the Americas business.
More than 2,500 employees in nearly a dozen contact centers sell MetLife products and answer questions for customers across product lines, including Auto & Home, Dental, and Life.
The individual in this role serves as a subject matter expert on communications and engagement activities; builds strong relationships and drives projects to a successful completion, develops employee recognition strategies, collaborates with senior leadership to achieve a culture of constructive relationships across all grades, supports and manages communications and directs employee engagement across geographic locations. This individual is responsible for coordinating employee recognition events and recognition activities at various other types of events, meetings, and conferences.
This role is demanding through highly rewarding. Hundreds of individuals including sales agents, supervisors, managers, support staff, and leaders will depend on you to keep the organization motivated and focused on hitting sales targets and activities that support profitable growth. You will have the opportunity to work directly with and learn from senior leaders in the organization. To succeed in this role, you must be extraordinarily detail-orientated, have an understanding of and passion for effective communication, have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects/workstreams, and possess above-average emotional intelligence.
- Leads or participates in work teams that identify and execute plans which result in new or improved sales initiatives and programs
- Deploys process improvements or strategic initiatives focused at driving increased customer satisfaction, efficiency, sales productivity or expense management
- Competency of financial planning to ensure adherence to department budget
- Responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team
- Prepares basic expense budgets and negotiates contracts with vendors
- Interfaces with executive sales leadership team to address issues or trends within the call center
- Develops and executes annual budgets and proposals, timelines and creative design to increase employee engagement and to sustain the employee culture.
- Collects timely data to support business initiatives through focus groups, surveys, town halls, one-on-one interviews, and other methodology; evaluates and applies the data to support decisions.
- Develops long-term strategies to promote and achieve a culture of service excellence and employee engagement
- Bringing various sites and virtual agents closer together and to build a sense of community
- Serves as an ambassador for MetLife in the office and in the community
- Resolves customer and corporate issues regarding unique or sensitive cases
- Drive a Continuous innovation culture through structured employee focus sessions
- Researches and locates potential event sites, overnight accommodations, catering, transportation, recreational events and entertainment.
- Develops, modifies, and distributes itineraries.
- Coordinates the creation of signage, name badges, programs, etc
- Attends events to ensure plans are carried out and outstanding service is provided.
- High School Diploma/GED (Required)
- Minimum of 5+ years of related customer service and/or sales (Required)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (Preferred)
- Property & Casualty License and experience (a plus)
- Ability to contribute to the achievement of sales metrics and revenue targets
- Strong leadership skills and abilities
- Exercise good judgment and align with company policies, procedures and compliance
- Positioned with a strong focus on the customer
- Ability to work independently
- Work successfully in a fast paced, highly demanding work environment
- Commitment to continuous, ongoing improvement in the level of service/sales provided to internal and external customers
- Ability to manage change and to support company-wide initiatives
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Can lead multiple projects simultaneously with ability to prioritize varying deadlines
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Experience in providing strategic counsel to senior executives across functions
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among diverse leaders and manage sensitive situations discreetly
- Ability to make quick decisions in a professional and confident manner, based on research, knowledge, and strategy
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
Up to 25%
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.