The EDO - Data Strategy and Enablement - Operations Reporting team is a key information solution provider to The Hartford's Enterprise Operations organization. Our team of highly skilled analytic and technical professionals provides management reporting, business analysis, call center reporting, staffing utilization, agent utilization, process owner dashboards, individual scorecards and monthly operational scorecards to customers across all lines of business and business functions.
The EDO - Operations Reporting team is seeking a Business Consultant to support development of our publishing reports and other processes within Enterprise Operations. The Business Consultant will be responsible for extraction of data from various internal/external data sources, development of reports/dashboards/scorecards and tools that drive the decision-making process and will seek methods for improving internal processes and techniques that support the business operations. Key accountabilities for this role include the ability to deliver reporting solutions of high integrity and accuracy, research and respond to questions from key customers, work with data owners/providers to debug any data related errors or discrepancies and collect business requirements for collection of new data components/metrics, scorecards and tools.
The best candidate will demonstrate strong development skills and quality control. They will be effective in translating complex information/requirements into dashboard Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as well as develop online reporting solutions using the toolsets listed below. Qualifications:
You must be a team player with a positive 'can do' attitude and possess the following experience:
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related discipline
- Knowledge of technology and information systems, with focus on management information, data analysis, data modeling, relational database, OLAP, and reporting tools.
- Ability to design and read basic data flow diagrams (DFDs) and entity relationship diagrams (ERDs).
- Proficient in traditional waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Solid experience with the following technologies: Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database programming (T-SQL / PL-SQL), Excel, Access, VBA, Pivot tables, and ASP.net.
- MSBI (PowerBI, PowerView, PowerQuery, PowerPivot) Tools experience is preferred
- SharePoint (Excel Services)
- Hands on experience with reporting tools like Business Objects, Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools: Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS both Multi-Dimensional and Tabular)
- Understand and utilize concepts of Data Visualization
- Candidate must possess strong functional/technical and communication skills.
- Experience with Hadoop, Teradata or other Big Data platforms is a plus
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
In addition, we are looking for the following competencies:
- Responsible for writing technical specifications. Provides design recommendations, developing application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces.
- May serve as a project lead or technical lead. As a project lead, prepares project plans and resource estimates, assigns and manages project responsibilities, and performs status reporting. Or as a technical lead, assists in defining project plans, resource estimates and status reporting.
- Tests and leads implementation of reporting solutions, reinforcing use of QA/UAT principles and processes.
- Provides on-the-job training and mentoring for staff, increasing their knowledge and experience level. Assists in the development of technical training paths and evaluation of technical expertise of staff.
- Design and build intuitive and effective dashboard / scorecard / report applications
- Analytical thinking and problem solving abilities and ability to manage multiple projects and customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with varying levels of priority
- Develop and enforce the usage of predefined coding standards
- Work and collaborate closely with our IT counterparts
- Troubleshoot production support issues
- Ability to network and influence across the organization at all levels.
- Ability to assist other team members with complex report development, pitching in where needed.
- Ability to assess and evaluate requirements, working with a demanding client base. Candidate must possess strong functional/technical skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable.
- Apply technology and creativity to solve business problems.
- Manage deliverables in a fast-paced environment with multiple shifting priorities.
- Have good business sense that enables effective data analysis.
- Effective self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes ownership and accountability for project deliverables with a demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills required.
- Must be able to interact well with business partners and peers to ensure the successful completion of business requests.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD