Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionBusiness Data Analyst, Language Services
The Language Services team provides many product-related deliverables for customers to effectively manage their Workday service, including product globalization, product translations, content localization, administrator documentation, and the customer portal, Workday Community. All lie in the critical path for many groups inside and out of Workday; smooth delivery and support are essential to supporting Workday's customer satisfaction.
We're looking for a Business Data Analyst to help with strategic analysis and planning for multiple deliverables and functions within Language Services. This role requires a highly analytical and collaborative individual who will manage many key initiatives and processes to support Language Services teams. Responsibilities include data analytics, dashboard development, and decision modeling to support development of strategic projects and operational improvements. The right candidate has a keen eye for detail, is able to provide insights on large datasets, and has an eagerness to drive change and alignment within the organization.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Manage data gathering, dashboard development, decision analysis, and data model.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Workday to identify data requirements and conduct analyses to help with strategic decision making
- Develop business metrics and dashboards to facilitate real-time decision making and initiative updates
- Build/research tools to improve planning capabilities
- Drive strategic initiatives from conception to execution
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 + years' experience in an operational area with focus on data analysis, financial modeling, strategic planning
- Extensive experience gathering/analyzing/validating data, and developing/maintaining dashboards
- Proven experience in managing large datasets, developing insights from ambiguous data, and facilitating team decisions
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and cross-functional organizational skills
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills
- Keen eye for continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent coursework in Engineering, Business/Finance or Operations
- Highly proficient in Adobe Analytics, SQL, JIRA, and Microsoft Excel. Experience with Tableau a plus
- Familiarity with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.