What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit?
Gartner Digital Markets provides an online service that primarily serves small to medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands – Capterra, GetApp, and Software Advice – that are the digital leaders in helping connect buyers and sellers of business software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming the industry.
About this role:
The Business Development Representative will focus on attracting new software clients to engage in marketing campaigns to drive their business growth. The successful associate will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas. You will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and services.
In this role, you will research accounts and generate or follow through on sales leads both warm and cold. Additionally, you will evaluate a prospective customer’s strengths, provide insights for areas where they can improve, and build productive long lasting relationships. We expect you to master and consistently execute Capterra's internal sales methodology, and demonstrate sales leadership through coaching, mentoring and developing junior sales account executives.
Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Comfortable selling to, challenging and building trust-based, value-added relationships with executives ranging from CEOs and company founders to entry level marketers.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and open to best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistent at delivering results through perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 2-5 years of proven consultative sales experience in technology (services or software)
- Ability to be professionally persistent while prospecting and managing C-level and senior-level relationships within large global enterprises and also small businesses
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic vision into their business
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
Job ID 00015507
A little about us:
The world’s leading information technology, marketing and supply chain research and advisory company.