Business Development, Consumer Product Partnerships Job Description:
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The Business Development team is responsible for driving growth, engagement, and monetization globally by identifying, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives, in collaboration with product and other cross-functional teams.
We are looking for an experienced business development teammate to play a critical role in growing and managing high-impact partnerships that enable our product teams to not only build first in class products but also accelerate user growth and product engagement. This person will possess strong partnership experience, a proven ability to work well cross functionally and an infectious passion for LinkedIn. The position is based in Mountain View, CA.
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a small, nimble team working on products that have the potential to impact hundreds of millions of professionals worldwide. Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate and recommend partnership opportunities for LinkedIn's Consumer BD team.
- Work with LinkedIn product, engineering, marketing, PR, legal, and business teams to drive new partnerships to execution, and to manage and grow key existing partnerships
- Perform strategic analysis and drive direction of new partnership models and other strategic opportunities
- BS/BA degree
- 2+ years experience in a business development, consulting, or an equivalent role, with experience working with product teams
- BS/BA degree preferred; MBA or a JD a plus.
- 3+ years of business development experience at mobile-focused consumer technology companies or alliance/strategic partner management role, with experience working with product teams
- Experience in and understanding of the dynamics of identity and content driven platforms
- Proven ability to operate in a collaborative cross-functional team environment, providing thought leadership and market context to help drive consensus and reach key decisions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build frameworks around and and tune partnerships using a metrics-driven approach
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing with senior BD and decision-makers, as well as negotiating complex, multi-faceted partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong personal initiative with proven ability to execute with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment