RSM US LLP is looking for a dynamic Business Development (BD) Director to facilitate the growth of our Technology & Management Consulting practice in the Minneapolis, MN market.
RSM is looking for a dynamic Business Development Director to join our growing team in the Central Region. This Business Development Director will concentrate on selling business application solutions that support our ERP Consulting Service Line in Minneapolis.
The Business Development Director is responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process, including systematic prospect targeting, development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, and selection of pursuit teams and "quarterbacking" the entire sales process. This individual will build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities, prepare and facilitate presentations/proposals as well as close sales and finalize agreements with customers. The Business Development Director will work closely with various firm industry and line of business leaders in co-leading growth efforts through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
The individual in this position will have all the necessary resources to be set up for success for this career opportunity that provides a competitive base salary along with a lucrative, uncapped incentive compensation plan. We are looking for a candidate that has a proven track record in selling business application solutions (i.e. NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics Suite).
- Sourcing and qualifying ERP opportunities with companies currently not served by the firm
- Responsible for executing the sales plan and process, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to best position the firm to secure the business
- Working with the Practice Leader and Pre-Sales Solution Consultant to construct a demonstration of our core business application solutions
- Actively work networking contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and related Centers of Influence
- Work with industry team leaders to effectively and efficiently identify and target key companies within the industry teams they support
- Support Partners, Principals, Directors and Senior Managers in cross-selling additional services to existing clients where appropriate
- Work closely with local and national marketing resources to develop effective, targeted go-to-market plans for the industry teams they support
- Work closely with National Sales Organization management to provide ongoing, current feedback relative to market opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7+ years of previous experience selling ERP and/or CRM solutions
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of industries – must be capable of orchestrating a team of industry functional, and technical experts to craft a compelling solution for a variety of clients
- Demonstrated experience working with, and contacts within the middle market, broadly defined as companies with revenues of $20 million to $1 billion
- Demonstrated expertise to drive a complex, sale cycle from identification through the close of deals
- Ability to actively participate in the proposal and Statement of Work creation process
- Experience leveraging a CRM tool for report generation and sales tracking
- Prior experience leveraging social media technologies for networking purposes
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills; strong executive presence and business acumen
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined; must possess strong time management skills
- Prior solution selling training is a plus, including programs developed by Microsoft and/or NetSuite for their respective channels
- Prior experience in developing relationships with Technology Channel Partners, including Microsoft and/or NetSuite.
- Travel is required (local and overnight when appropriate)
- Active network of C-level contacts in and around Minneapolis and the surrounding markets
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or non-profit groups
- Exhibit exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working for Big Four or other national firms a significant plus
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.