RSM US LLP is looking for a dynamic Business Development (BD) Director for our Detroit, MI market.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for driving growth of the firm's professional services within targeted industry segments across the Detroit market. This individual will be a growth leader and support the efforts of various Firm industry teams through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
The Business Development Director will represent all services provided by our three primary functional areas: audit, tax and consulting. This individual will be responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process, including systematic prospect targeting, development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, selection of pursuit teams and "quarterbacking" the entire sales process. They will build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities, prepare and facilitate presentations / proposals as well as close sales and finalize agreements with customers. The Business Development Director will work closely with industry and line of business leaders in co-leading growth efforts throughout the firm.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience with demonstrated success in selling professional services corporations with revenues ranging from $20 million to over $1 billion
- Demonstrated experience leading complex sales processes that involve multiple team members and multiple decision makers (primarily C-suite decision makers)
- Demonstrated experience working with, and contacts within the middle market, broadly defined as companies with revenues of $20 million to $1 billion
- Demonstrated network of COI's (Centers of Influence) to include banking, legal and other professional services relationships that could be leveraged to identify opportunities within assigned industry groups
- Experience leveraging a CRM tool for report generation and sales tracking
- Prior experience leveraging social media technologies for networking purposes
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined
- Strong time management skills
- Active network of C-level contacts in and around the Detroit market
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or non-profit groups
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and maturity
- Exhibit exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working for Big Four or other national firms a significant plus
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.