The Oracle Cloud Business Development Manager will perform 5 key functions in the North American Sales organization:
1. Evangelize the Oracle Cloud Platform internally and externally and build broad awareness of the platform's capabilities and existence. This activity will be completed using various communication platforms including social media, in-person events and speaking engagements, direct field engagement with reps and management, customer outreach and executive briefings.
2. Enable the North American Sales organization on how to best position and sell Oracle's complete Cloud Platform focusing on customer solutions and outcomes. This will be completed using a variety of tools including, webcasts and in-person seminars, creating and curating enablement materials such as sales decks leave behinds and battle cards, leading from the front with specific customer engagement and lighthouse wins, creation and execution of sales solution campaigns as well as regular and frequent field engagement activities including QBRs, attending sales meetings, customer cloud days, etc.
3. Partner with Product Management to provide a scaling function for field communications and sales enablement activities in order to provide 360 degree feedback of the products and services from a field and customer perspective. This will be done both ad-hoc and programmatically using customer and field engagements to regularly report back to the PM team on how the field and customers are succeeding with the service as well as which features or offerings are need to address market demands.
4. Partner with Product Marketing to help create top level messaging related to the positioning of the Oracle Cloud Platform and use this material to maintain consistency and clear communications throughout solution creation and sales enablement activities.
5. Lead the effort to create cross-pillar, multi-domain, customer focused solutions and workloads that closely align to how our customers buy and address their needs. This will require this person to work collaboratively across the organization, creating partnerships and fostering cooperation among teams that may have competing interests.
The Lead position will direct this activity and partner will the other specialty leads to ensure accurate and complete representation of this specialty in any solution set. They will be responsible for specific solutions that span multiple domains which also include their specialty, acting as the subject matter expert in their specialty for the broader team. This person will use their knowledge of the specialty domains to define and develop areas where there is customer need and Oracle strength in creating field enablement around how to win in these specific areas.
• BS - from a major University, technical BS or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
• 10 years of experience in pre-sales or business development focused on the specialty domain
• 5 years of direct selling experience to Enterprise customers
• 3 years of management experience leading high performing professionals
• Experience with the public cloud
• Experience creating customer solutions
Manages a team that is responsible for identifying relevant new business opportunities and designing "go-to-market" plans to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Consistently meets with potential customers and current customers to build pipeline.
Manages, through other managers, a team of business development representatives for a territory/region. The team is actively and frequently customer facing, providing the value proposition to business or org leaders, qualifying opportunities, and selling the value of the oracle solution. Provides operations management of lead qualification functions. Contributes to strategic and tactical planning for the division. Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of staff. Participates in the recruiting process and makes hiring decisions. Manages budget.
Experience qualifying prospects and customers; understanding of the sales cycle process. Strong leadership skills. Strong Oracle product knowledge. BA/BS preferred. Experience managing staff. Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Able to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations important.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.