This job is responsible for leading all aspects of the business development / GTM strategy, for multiple Crowe industry verticals, under the general direction of our North East partner-in-charge of Audit and collective direction of all NY and Livingston audit partners.
Strategic prospect targeting, development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, interaction with, and support for, pursuit teams, MDS coordination and "quarterbacking" the entire business development / GTM process is required. The BDE is a key person who co-leads the efforts of various industry vertical teams through direct prospecting, networking, event attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations. The BDE also is responsible for creating and maintaining the necessary local business development infrastructure (with the assistance and support of Christine Bongard) that is needed to support the efforts of the sales delivery / GTM professionals (managers, senior managers, and partners).
The BDE is responsible for supporting the growth of our NY and Livingston audit practices within targeted industry verticals. Additionally, the BDE should seek to identify opportunities for other Crowe BU services, as appropriate.
- this person will be responsible for co-leading, strategizing, promoting, prospecting and nurturing for multiple industry verticals including, but not limited to,:
- Identifying and landing opportunities with industry-specific strategic companies currently not served by Crowe - this includes market research, cold-calls, conference attendance and mailings
- Organizing and leading internal meetings to discuss development, progress or status of various business development and GTM activities
- Co-leading the development of Thought Leadership content and delivery
- Responsible for executing the business development/marketing plan, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to best position Crowe to secure the business
- Tracking dollar spend for approved GTM events and opportunities
- CRM steward – including monthly reporting
- Interact with MDS and ISS to ensure coordination and consistency of efforts and leverage of existing programs
- Actively working contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and related COI's (Centers of Influence)
- Identify outside events for branding, networking and/or prospect development purposes (including bankers, attorneys, connectors, etc.)
- Help identify strategic boards / organizations / committees that Crowe partners and senior managers can join to further branding and develop contacts and target company leads
- Working with audit senior managers and managers to: (i) effectively and efficiently identify, target, track and follow-up with key companies within the industry they support , and (ii) mentor and train managers on business development skills
- Working with national marketing resources (MDS) to develop effective, targeted go-to-market plans for NY audit
- Understanding what strategies competitors are using in the marketplace and evaluating how those could be applied to Crowe
- Help develop an effective strategy for both Alumni and Social Media programs, consistent with the Crowe firm-wide initiatives
- Help develop an effective program to leverage BOD relationships, consistent with information available in (but not limited to) CRM
- Assist in various stages of the proposal process
- Lead the preparation of annual budget process for office and industry verticals
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years’ experience with demonstrated success in selling professional services (not selling a product) to corporations with revenues ranging from $25 million to $1 billion
- Demonstrated experience leading complex sales processes that involve multiple team members and multiple decision makers (primarily C-suite decision makers)
- Demonstrated network of COI's (Centers of Influence) to include banking, legal and other professional services relationships that could be leveraged to identify opportunities within targeted industries
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined; outgoing and extroverted
- Strong time management skills
- Active network of C-level contacts in NY and/or NJ area
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or non-profit groups
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and maturity
- Exhibit exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working for Big Four or other national firms a significant plus
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!