Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in providing innovative equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of advanced semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic products. Our technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world. At Applied Materials, we turn today's innovations into the industries of tomorrow.
Our Applied Global Services business is hiring a person for the role of Business Development. The ideal incumbent in the role will have an MBA and capable to make great contribution in our continuous drive toward new and innovative products and services.
- Deep understanding of financial models and key metrics
- Ability to independently create financial models to analyze business opportunities and make recommendations
- Skilled at creating P&L's and other financial statements to support investment options and decisions
- Market sizing and segmentation skills around new and existing markets
- Strong communication and presentation skills - support models and recommendations in front of executives
- Prior experience supporting M&A activities (Due diligence, opportunity/pipeline creation, financial models etc.)
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- MBA is required
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline is highly preferred
- 1 - 2 years experience in a similar role involving M & A financial and due diligence activities, plus 2 - 4 years of industrial work experience in a technical discipline
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.