Business Development Intern
Company: General Electric
Location: New York, United States
Posted: November 10, 2017
Reference ID: 3016653
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Business Development Intern, you will be a part of the GE Ventures Licensing & Technology (LTV) Business and will partner with the Business Development and technical teams to build and execute world-class commercialization programs with novel business models, partnerships and licensing. You will provide full service support in the areas of building business/market cases for novel technology, strategy for customer/third party engagements, taking into account business constraints.
• Coordinate activities with LTV Program Managers on a variety of programs, including building patents/technology and complex business/licensing programs
• Prepare Business plans, including IP/technology assessments, valuations, market/customer analysis, deal/agreement structuring and execution where appropriate
• Act as a key member of the LTV team and closely interact with the technology, business & legal teams
• Work on various business process projects to make the LTV business more efficient
• Must be a full-time, matriculated student at an accredited college or university for the entire internship
• Must be pursuing a degree in Engineering, Technology, Science or related field
• Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA in the most recent degree completed
• Must commit to one year and/or academic year internship
• Must meet minimum hour requirements:
• 20 hours per week during school
• 40 hours per week when school is not in session
• Must be authorized to work in the US
• Background in Physics or Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Controls, Systems or Power Engineering
• Master's degree, MB or JD
• When school is in session, be willing to travel and spend up to minimally 1 day per week working at headquarters or satellite offices
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Ability to learn fast and achieve a high level of results
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment for a matrix organization
Locations: United States; New York; Niskayuna
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.