Develops new business for a specific product specialty, providing the product expertise and sales acumen to identify & qualify revenue opportunities, proactively manage the selling process, and close the sale in both existing and new accounts.
The area is our solutions for our Pharmaceutical clients in direct to consumer advertising. You will be selling our digital and TV solutions and how that effectively impacts consumer and patient behavior. You will be comfortable working with agencies, how to buy and sell media and be able to collaborate effectively with Brand Leaders.Principal Accountabilities:
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Achieve growth & revenue targets for assigned product through a consultative sales approach that solves client business issues.
- Proactively strengthens in depth knowledge of product and its application within a client's enterprise.
- May contribute on account planning strategy as it relates to assigned product area.
- Collaborate with Account Team to target and validate opportunities for assigned customers / territory.
- Interface with customer at all levels.
- Create and present client proposals that result in winning sales.
- As necessary, identifies and manages resources to develop proposals that position IMS capabilities & solutions to customers.
- Monitor delivery, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
- Seeks "starburst" opportunities within existing customers to grow revenue opportunities across the IMS suite of offerings.
- As part of the sales process, gathers market and client intelligence and provides strategic feedback to Marketing, Consulting, Service, and Sales to strengthen or product offerings and capture additional business.
- Expertise selling marketing, direct to consumer solutions to pharmaceutical organizations
Additional Key Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years relevant sales or account management experience.
- Possesses knowledge of key marketplace issues for the pharmaceutical industry and related businesses.
- Solid knowledge of one or more IMS specialty products and the impact that the product can achieve when implemented within a client's business processes.
- Familiarity with IMS core products, account management, and information solutions, as it relates to our direct to consumer advertising services portfolio.
- Individual must be a superior and successful sales person, have excellent presentation and writing skills, act with a sense of urgency, and be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must have successful experience identifying and closing new business opportunities and developing positive relationships at all levels of client management and within the IMS sales, consulting and marketing teams.
- Key Characteristics: Revenue Driven, knowledgeable, consultative, problem solver, customer focused, creative, resourceful, fast & flexible, team player, organized, effective negotiator.